Monday, January 28, 2019

1970's MADE-FOR-TV MOVIES: 1978

Here are some TV movies from 1978 I've seen at some point. I'll give a brief note on what they are about...or what I think they were about...it's been a long time for most of them, so my memories may not be too accurate.

1978

Bud and Lou
As a fan of the duo, I was certainly going to watch this one about Abbott (Harvey Korman) and Costello (Buddy Hackett). I remember Hackett as being very good, though I haven't seen it in forty years.
Bud and Lou

Cotton Candy
Teen comedy featuring Charlie Martin Smith and directed by Ron Howard. I remember Clinto Howard playing a bit of a jerk.

Deadman’s Curve
One of my favorites from the time. Jan and Dean bio featuring Bruce Davidson and Richard Hatch. Still a fan of the songs...but you still won't come back from Deadman's Curve...
 Deadman's Curve

A Family Upside Down
Grandma and Grandpa got to move in with the family. It's got to be at least a little cool that grandma and grandpa are Fred Astaire and Helen Hayes.
A Family Upside Down

Holocaust
The original mini-series that brought the Holocaust into many people's living room for the first time (at least in fictional TV form). It seems strange to say that in that the movie was over thirty years after the fact.

King
I thought Paul Winfield was well cast as the civil rights leader.
King

Lady of the House
Dyan Cannon as a madam that runs for public office. I watched this, right? I must have watched this.


One in a Million: The Ron LeFlore Story
Levar Burton as Ron Leflore, who went from prison to become a major league star in the 70's and 80's.


The President’s Mistress
Who killed...the president's mistress? This month, I've discovered that I've seen more movies directed by John Llewelyn Moxey than I ever realized.
The President's Mistress

Rescue From Gilligan’s Island
I guess somebody had to save them eventually...On the plus side, it is better than The Harlem Globetrotters on Gilligan's Island (1981).


Return to Fantasy Island
Too bad they couldn't have somehow co-ordinated the returns to Gilligan's and Fantasy Island.
Return to Fantasy Island

Ruby and Oswald
The anti-conspiracy movie. Mr. Oliver Stone does not approve!
Ruby and Oswald

The Word
I've read the book and seen the series and think they are both good indications how we can get sucked into believing something just because of the way it makes us feel.
The Word
Zuma Beach
On the beach in 1978 with Suzanne Somers, Kimberly Beck and P. J. Soles? Cowabunga! 
Zuma Beach

The Bastard
High profile mini-series based on the epic saga by John Jakes.
The Bastard

Flying High
Pilot for comedic take on Charlie's Angels. I watched it. Didn't last long.
Flying High

Vegas
I wasn't a regular watcher of this detective series with Robert Urich, but in the days of three networks, I pretty much knew everything that was on...Not like today and all your hundreds of channels!!...and get off my lawn, by the way!
Vegas

No comments:

Post a Comment