Saturday, August 11, 2012

THE MATRIX (1999)


Husband: I’m a little lost at what to say about The Matrix. What say you give this one a go?

Wife: I’m not sure what to say about it.

Husband: Well, you’re the one that made me go see it in the theater twice! And the first sequel, which was very loud.

Wife: So you didn’t like it?

Husband: The first time I saw it, I thought it was pretty good. You didn’t know what world where Neo was in or where the plot was heading. But once you’ve seen it once, it loses something without the elephant of surprise.

Wife: Did you say elephant of surprise?

Husband: No..Well maybe. I’ve just seen too many films lately. So why do you like watching this so much. The forum is yours.

Wife: OK...It was so original. I had never seen anything like it before. Special effects were stunning. Really, it was just really cool.

Husband: I'm sorry, I wasn't listening. Are you done yet?

Wife: I'm definitely done.

Husband: OK. It still loses something the second time around.

Wife: And like there’s any “elephant of surprise” when you see the horses head scene from The Godfather.

Husband: You aren’t allowed to talk about The Godfather in disparaging terms on this blog.

Wife: All right. Are we done yet?

Husband: Let me do the word count...Yep, we're done.


No comments:

Post a Comment