Thursday, March 17, 2011

MONSOON WEDDING (2001, INDIA)


My own personal March movie madness. My goal is make 31 posts in 31 days about 31 movies. They all must be non-U. S. films that I haven’t seen before. Why do I make this stipulation? Don’t know exactly, by we all have to have goals, don’t we?

Day seventeen, from the Republic of India
Monsoon Wedding (2001)

This little film with so many speaking parts and so many characters and so much going on and shot so quickly and so low budgeted is really quite entertaining and makes you want to go to be a part of an Indian wedding, for sure.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck on your quest for 31 foreign films. Off the top of my head, I'd suggest Pan's Labyrinth if you haven't seen it. I believe it was made in Spain. Hitchcock's early works were all made in the UK. I think he moved to Hollywood in the 50s, so you have access to his stuff like The Lady Vanishes and The Man Who Knew Too Much (the 30s version).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Alan. I've seen Pan's Labyrinth, but wouldn't mind checking it out again.

    ReplyDelete