Monday, March 28, 2011

CAIRO STATION (1958, EGYPT)


My own personal March movie madness. My goal is make 31 posts in 31 days about 31 movies. They all must be non-U. S. films that I haven’t seen before. Why do I make this stipulation? Don’t know exactly, by we all have to have goals, don’t we?

Day twenty-eight, from Abdel Nasser's Egypt Cairo Station (1958) or the funner to say title, Bab El Hadid

This is the first Egyptian film I've ever watched, unless you count The Ten Commandments, but I don't think you can. Anyhow, after twenty-eight straight days of blogs,I'm a little tired. I'm just going to look to the 1001 Movie You Must See Before You Die Book and see if I can find a suitable comment and see if I can go with that.

"Cairo Station is vivid and moving, precise in its portrayls, original as its creation of a single individual and as the embdoiment of a secular culture, one that is so close and yet so different than that of the West." -Jean-Michel Frodon, 1001 contributor.

Sounds good, I can go with that.

4 comments:

  1. I would like a gold star for getting this for you, sir.

    The Irascible Ms. Spanyer

    ReplyDelete
  2. A gold star and a bottle of your favorite capitalist soft drink for the irascible Ms. Spanyer

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chris,

    I'm on the same quest it seems. I'm only doing the last 200 films I have left from the list, but it's good to know that others are blogging about all of them. Check my reviews out if you want @ http://thelast200movies.blogspot.com/. I hope you don't mind that I barrowed your pic.

    Sam

    ReplyDelete