Wednesday, March 23, 2011

RED SORGHUM (1987, CHINA)



My own personal March movie madness. My goal is make 31 posts in 31 days about 31 movies. They all must be non-U. S. films that I haven’t seen before. Why do I make this stipulation? Don’t know exactly, by we all have to have goals, don’t we?

Day twenty-three, from the People's Republic of China
Red Sorghum (1987)

Even after doing twenty-two blogs in twenty-two days, you probably shouldn't indulge in too much red wine on the twenty-third day if you're going to continue to watch movies and try to determine how much you like them. Trust me on this. I don't think under the circumstances that I gave Red Sorghum much of a fair shake. I still think I prefer the same director's Raise the Red Lantern, but so it goes. At least the wine I've been drinking hadn't been peed in.

No comments:

Post a Comment