Wednesday, March 30, 2011

PERSONA (1967, SWEDEN)


My own personal March movie madness. My goal is make 31 posts in 31 days about 31movies. They all must be non-U. S. films that I haven’t seen before. Why do I make this stipulation? Don’t know exactly, by we all have to have goals, don’t we?

Day thirty, from the the Kingdom of Sweden
Persona (1967)

What a hard movie to deal with! No interpretation is right. But then none is wrong either. There's so much to say here. Yet nothing to say. It's just time for me to go through the rest of the Bergaman catalog. I've got to look at his whole output as a whole, organic unit. Or do I? What? I'm out of time. Who said that? Who just said I was out of time? Was that a voice in my head? I've got to calm down before I can fully process Persona-breathe in...breathe out...I feel better already. One more March movie madness post to go.

1 comment: