Sunday, March 20, 2011

THREE COLORS BLUE (1993, FRANCE)


My own personal March movie madness. My goal is make 31 posts in 31 days about 31 movies. They all must be non-U. S. films that I haven’t seen before. Why do I make this stipulation? Don’t know exactly, by we all have to have goals, don’t we?

Day twenty, from the Republics of Poland and France
Three Colors Blue (1993)

The first of Krzysztof Kieslowski’s colors of the French flag trilogy Three Colors Blue (Blue=liberty) Kieslowski’s subtle way of trying to get across the heroine’s internal feelings may take more than one viewing.

2 comments:

  1. Not knowing what to expect from this film, I found it riveting (as opposed to Rivette-ing). Red is thought by many to be the better film, but I liked this one a lot more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe Amelie and Veronique were cousins?

    http://www.weronika.freeserve.co.uk/related-films.html#AmelieAndVeronique

    Feel free to add yourself and your website to my Guestbook. :)

    Alexandre FABBRI
    KIESLOWSKI'S WORLD

    ReplyDelete