Monday, March 21, 2011

THREE COLORS RED (1994, FRANCE)



My own personal March movie madness. My goal is make 31 posts in 31 days about 31 movies. They all must be non-U. S. films that I haven’t seen before. Why do I make this stipulation? Don’t know exactly, by we all have to have goals, don’t we?

Day twenty-one from Republics of France & Poland
Three Colors Red (1994)

Yesterday I mentioned the first in the Krzysztof Kieslowski color trilogy, but now I’m skipping to the third one (Three Colors Red). Why? I didn’t have a copy of Three Colors White available and it isn’t in the 1001 movie book anyway. This isn’t the first trilogy in the 1001 Movies You Must See Before You Die book to leave out one its parts. Bergman’s Winter Light-Through a Glass Darkly-The Silence trilogy leaves out the last piece. Here, I guess it’s OK to die if you haven’t seen part 2. But you must see 1 and 3 before you slip off this mortal coil by all means! All that being said, I liked Three Colors Red (Red=fraternity) a lot, more than I liked Three Colors Blue, though I’m starting to see how they fit together. Guess I’m going to have to find a copy of Three Colors White, after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment