Friday, March 11, 2011

GABBEH (1996, IRAN)



My own personal March movie madness. My goal is make 31 posts in 31 days about 31 movies. They all must be non-U. S. films that I haven’t seen before. Why do I make this stipulation? Don’t know exactly, by we all have to have goals, don’t we?

Day eleven, from the Islamic Republic of Iran
Gabbeh (1996)

دوست داشتم شعر شما. من به شما ازدواج کند. هر فیلم با یک نقل قول این را دوست دارند ، به هر حال چیزی برای رفتن آن. غیر معمول در لحن و من باید اعتراف آن را در زمان اندکی برای من برای این که به صدا از فارسی استفاده می شود. اما به طور کلی ، غیر معمول ، و فراموش نشدنی فیلم. این اولین بار من تا کنون دیده ام فیلم ایرانی ، ممکن است برای بررسی از دیگران است. البته این ممکن است تنها نامش در هزار و یک فیلم کتاب.

من دنبال ترجمه این در حال حاضر و قبل از ظهر در سهولت زبان ما می توانیم در این راه ترجمه شگفت زده. من تعجب می کنم اگر کسی می خواهد من در واقع فکر می کنم این ترجمه خودم؟ چه کسی می داند. خب ، من نمی ترسم و آن را قبول ندارد. شما را می بینم دفعه بعد.

"I liked your poem. I will marry you." Any movie with a quote like this, has to have something going for it. Unusual in tone and I have to admit it took awhile for me to get used to the sound of Farsi. But overall, an unusual, and haunting movie. This is the first time I've ever seen an Iranian movie, may have to check out others. Of course, this might be the only one listed in the 1001 movie book. (Where's that index?)

1 comment:

  1. You can look forward to a bunch of interesting Iranian movies by Abbas Kiarostami. And personally I like his movies better than this one.

    ReplyDelete